2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gutless on the hills at freeway speed, is it normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Hey!! Don't laugh too loud about that polished brick wall. Long ago (70's), I had two of them, a '62 double cab pickup, and after the spider gears became deranged in the transaxle, a 71 double cab pickup. At the time I had a wife and three young kids. Still have the wife but the kids are grown and producing kids of their own. The '71 was the most practical vehicle vehicle I've ever owned. Had to adjust the valves every 3K miles which didn't take but a few minutes, but it got good mileage IIRC.
It had a 1T carrying capacity, and not only did the tailgate fold down, both sides also folded down giving me a flatbed. Plenty of interior room with the front and back seats, and lifting the rear seat revealed a storage compartment that extended under the bed back to the engine compartment.
Kinda like a crew cab with a large trunk, good mileage, and easy to work on. Try and find that combo today.
It's one of the vehicles from my past I wish I still had.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Update: I got a 3" high flow muffler running a 3" pipe from the factory cat to the tail pipe. Man I can't beleive it, but this truck actually holds so much better on the hills. Don't have to down shift from overdrive in the spots that I used to. Can't wait to get the SCT and Y pipe and cat.

Quick Reply: Gutless on the hills at freeway speed, is it normal?