2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hypertech Max Energy Optimun Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 PM
8uzzsaw
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I am not surprised, I have not been very impressed with my Hpertech tuner so far. Gained a small amount of power and maybe 1 mpg increase. Put that against the fact Im running high test at $1.22/L and paid almost $500 for the tuner. SCT next for sure, heard too much good about it not to go that route next.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Stupid me, I didn't catch it earlier, but IIRC, you mentioned yours is a Power Programmer III ? (in the post you deleted) Well, I own one that I used on my 98 and it does not do shift points on a Ram and neither does the Max E. But, that's neither here nor there.

Your problem is a loss of power. Most likely having to do with a blown plenum,bad o2, slowly clogging cat, the "death flash" and running 33" tires with 3:55 gears. Other than that, you can try changing shift points by adjusting the TV cable. First link gets you to stock location, second link is for adjustments.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-in-trans.html

http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/...Adjustment.pdf

And here is my PPIII

Name:  DSCF0695.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  72.1 KB

Old 09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
8uzzsaw
Professional

Mine is actually the Max Energy. The plenum may be shot, very little oil consumption if any though. O2 sensor is only a few months old as well at the cat. As far as the death flash I know very little about this or how to test for it or fix it (if possible). 33's deffinately changed how the truck drove, and 3.55's would be changed to 4.10's if I had the money! Haha

Think ill try the search button to read up on this death flash...

Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Hypertech Support
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Besaw
Your website is all well and good, but it does not even hint at what shift point/rev limit settings are good for our trucks. Repeating what is written on the box doesn't really help a whole lot. I don't mean to be rude, so please don't take it that way.

My Fault (I should have been more clear in my post)

Sorry if you misunderstood my post ****I wanted to make sure you knew that there were no shift point features for your vehicle and to display the features you did have available.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No big deal really, the first line in the post before the description says it all.

"Below is a list from our web site showing the features of the Max Energy as it relates to your vehicle" .

"as it relates to your vehicle" is the key.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 AM
8uzzsaw
Professional

Yeah, that was all on me actually. I will make an effort to read things over once or twice before I respond from now on. Lol.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Optimun Settings