2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cam options/more HP

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

salem has a pro-charger super charger for sale in the classifieds board, and is asking $2k.. buy that, some injectors, and a PATC megaviper, and call it a day.. you should nail 300 ponies to the terra with that... start saving for a new engine though..

Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
salem has a pro-charger super charger for sale in the classifieds board, and is asking $2k.. buy that, some injectors, and a PATC megaviper, and call it a day.. you should nail 300 ponies to the terra with that... start saving for a new engine though..
2K, damn. KRC had a remote turbo kit fo 4-10 PSI that came with injectors and a tune for 1600. It was 1900 without tuning.
http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/in...p?topic=9467.0
Stock 360 with kegger at 4 PSI=309 ponies to the rears!!!
And that is a used SC.

I think I will be getting a turbo setup within the next year. I will need a new torque converter though. How bad is it for your truck to tow under boost?

Last edited by CPTAFW163; 09-30-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Adobedude
All Star

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
2K, damn. KRC had a remote turbo kit fo 4-10 PSI that came with injectors and a tune for 1600. It was 1900 without tuning.
http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/in...p?topic=9467.0
Stock 360 with kegger at 4 PSI=309 ponies to the rears!!!
And that is a used SC.

I think I will be getting a turbo setup within the next year. I will need a new torque converter though. How bad is it for your truck to tow under boost?
I think the question is how hard would it be on what you're towing....

Old 10-01-2011, 12:15 AM
drewactual
Champion

The oil burners seem to like it just fine.. I reckon its going to be all about the tune, and about how much of that lag you can tune out... I bet Sean is up to the task.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker

I bet Sean is up to the task.
So far he still hasn't got Remme's 4.7 boosted Dakota out of the ~10 AFR range... Standalone and don't look back, why wait for an email when I can plug in my laptop and do it myself. If you want something done right...

Towing should be fine, you won't want to play in the boost too much with a lot of weight. Water/meth would be a good idea if you do. Also an EGT gauge would be a good idea.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:39 AM
drewactual
Champion

I have no clue why somebody would go to that expense and not stand alone to be honest... But, $$ being a consideration, and the fact it CAN be done, well... I see why folks wait for the email too...

The oil burners rate of rev is way slower than the gas, so that would be something of concern I guess.. yank a knot in a goose neck or your frame if you were towing heavy and nailed it.. I guess anyway.. I don't really know..

That kota.. why in the world doesn't he install a fuel line return and pressure regulator, and dial in his own delivery? I'd imagine there is some sort of device that allows more/less pressure under different throttle positions.. seems easy enough to design.. but then again I'm just talking about ideas, and don't really know crap about boost...

Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker

I have no clue why somebody would go to that expense and not stand alone to be honest...
Exactly. I'm so happy I went with Megasquirt
That kota.. why in the world doesn't he install a fuel line return and pressure regulator, and dial in his own delivery? I'd imagine there is some sort of device that allows more/less pressure under different throttle positions.. seems easy enough to design.. but then again I'm just talking about ideas, and don't really know crap about boost...
He'd need to eliminate the stock reg in the tank, then he'd need custom fuel rails, fittings, run lines, ect.. The stock stock fuel system can work just fine with boosted applications. Once the boost gets up there (10-12psi) the pressure difference between the manifold and rails can become a problem depending on injector size.

I know another guy with a Turbo R/T that fought with Hemifever's tunes for way too long, he's now in the process of converting his truck to MS3.

The stock computer just wasn't meant for boost, the 2BAR MAP is a bandaid.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Moparman59
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What was the question?

Yes you will have to rip parts off to put a cam in. I do believe that there are computer friendly cams out there that you can install that will give you what you are looking for. E-mail or phone Comp cams or another reputable cam builder to get the answer to your question.
For no nonsense..reliable power and torque...similar milage...just stroke it to a 408. (The engine Dodge should have built)

Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Adobedude
All Star

Originally Posted by Moparman59
Yes you will have to rip parts off to put a cam in. I do believe that there are computer friendly cams out there that you can install that will give you what you are looking for. E-mail or phone Comp cams or another reputable cam builder to get the answer to your question.
For no nonsense..reliable power and torque...similar milage...just stroke it to a 408. (The engine Dodge should have built)
Mancini is selling Mopar 4" cast cranks for 299.00. I know for a fact they have one less as of last week.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Adobedude
Mancini is selling Mopar 4" cast cranks for 299.00. I know for a fact they have one less as of last week.
That would be the one you bought me for christmas, right?