2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 dodge ram gets 3.6mpg need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by balderrama.charles@yahoo.com
i check the milage by setting the odometer to zero every time i fill up also by the sensor thing that says how many miles per gallon you get. to today i had to go get something about 40 mile from my house i was driving for about 20 miles on the freeway and all of a sudden i started to get 28 miles per gallon on the free way then i got 8 mpg on the streets. it was the first time i got that good of mpgs. but i dont no whats going on with this truck. i will check the oil in the morning.

OK. Maybe there is another problem. What kind of "sensor" thing are you using? The one in my 88 Jag says I am getting 24mpg at 120 mph. My gas tank and wallet do not get the same mpg.

Fill the tank, mark the mileage, and drive. When the tank gets close to empty, fill it, and do the math. That is the only accurate way I know of. A short drive is not truly indicative, but a tank full shoulf give you a real mpg measurement.

I am all about technology, but some things are better accomplished the old dchool way.

I would be interested to see what you get doing it this way.

Quick Reply: 99 dodge ram gets 3.6mpg need help!!!!