2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got a couple problems, any help, first dodge

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not adjust the bands yourself if you have never done it. I know someone on this forum who grenaded his tranny because his torque wrench was cheap and it didn't work correctly. He had the band adjustment out of whack, and it needs to be EXACT. Also it is no easy task because of where the band adjustment nut is.

Just pay the dealership the 120 bucks for a fluid & filter change with band adjustment.

But you already changed your fluid, so I would just wait on it and live with what you have now. That is why i always let the dealership do my drain and fills for the tranny. They also do a band adjustment!

Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 AM
GucciFlKrakker01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okkay guys.. been awhile since i got on here... been doing some work to the dodge.. so far i put it a remanufactured transmission order thru autozone some company called moveras(3yr warranty).. after trying alot of attempts with adjusting the band and tv cable... so got the transmission installed and shes rolling again and to add to my pian of being under the truck for about two weeks its still doing the same damn thing... so i toook it to a shop they said to replace the tv cable.. payed 200 including parts and labor and its still doing it but now its got some weird noises... it sounds like a troll with a hammer hitting something between 0-25 mph depending on the throttle occasionally... and in park like a knock and shudder below the floor board but only in park... someone mention maybe a pcm flash?? ive been searching for a long time... and i put some good money in this truck so im not ready to give up till she runs better then when she got built... any help would be greatly appreciated asap... thanks

Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Crawl around under the truck while it is thumping, and see if you can isolate where it is coming from.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
GucciFlKrakker01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i did. the in park noise seems to be coming from the bellhousing if not the pan alil hard to tell with my exhaust being dumped under the cab lol... but as for the noise when im driving 0-25 its seems louder coming from under the passenger side and its when you kinda let of the throttle and get back on(light to quarter throttle)... transmissions are where i lack knowledge about problematic events so to say...

Quick Reply: Got a couple problems, any help, first dodge