2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

VWandDodge tragedy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope.. I just ninja'd y'all on the trigger.. I got to it before you guys did..

If there is credit to be given, it is to the family of poor damned and hopeless, aka second generation dodge ram owners, who circled the wagons, as expected, when needed..

Vdub, you're one of us, or possibly even more frightening, we are one of you.. hopefully, this effort found its mark.

Please, any future donations should be directed directly to the link Vdub provided, and for the pet rescue fund..

Thanks too all who brought this together.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gabriel's temporary grave marker was finally placed today.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice.....

Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Some group pictures of Gabriel's circle of friends who posed with his casket after the funeral. I don't remember if I stated it before, but a few of those nice hats were placed in his grave, during the burial, as a tribute to their friend.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by VWandDodge

Some group pictures of Gabriel's circle of friends who posed with his casket after the funeral. I don't remember if I stated it before, but a few of those nice hats were placed in his grave, during the burial, as a tribute to their friend.
That's awesome, seems like a great bunch of friends he had too.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gosh, it does not seem like it has been over a month. Such a loss is undescribable (is that a word?) and unimaginable. Stay strong and remember the joy he brought to your life VW.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Here is an example of the tattoo people are getting to memorialize Gabriel:

Unfortunately, the DOB is incorrect, so Jennifer (his mother) has to get it fixed.

He was into Superman/Smallville, hence the design, which is an interesting story itself. A mother of one of the girls was making a memorial t-shirt about a day or two after the accident when her daughter had told her mom how Gabby was into Superman, so rather than using the "S" and mentioning Gabby, she suggested changing it to a "G". The shirt was really well done and next thing you know most of the kids had their own. I've been trying to get a picture of everyone posing with their shirts. It has the symbol on the front and memorializing text on the back. They had worn the shirts to school every day that week.

On Friday, I checked to see if the memorial was still there. I was a bit surprised to see quite a few of the kids there, so I stopped and talk with them a bit. You can just make out the mirror someone pulled from the ditch and placed there and there's also a torsion link.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havent been on here for a while and i just wont to pass on my condolenses!! (i cant spell) i am so sorry for the lose and the pain you are going through! prayers for you and yours!!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Never forget as the saying goes.

On a side note, my brother in law owns two tat parlors, and I know those letters and numerals would never fly with him. I hope she can get it fixed to her liking.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Gary-L
Legend

A friend of the family made this Christmas wreath for Gabriel. You'll note a solar collector for a string of LEDs that blink all night. There are several plots at the cemetery with similar light displays.

Quick Reply: VWandDodge tragedy!