2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electric Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:31 AM
joekool4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbishop
That's what people said about building a v8 Fiero, I did it for under 1k and cut less corners than if I had bought a kit. It wasn't a beast of a engine but it was a clean setup and not dog either, a guy in New Mexico paid way to much for the engine/ trans setup when I parted it out to put it in his Lambo replica.
Wasnt that on Top Gear America, http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...vNIdm7qbf3Wxdg

Alright i know its a fierarri but close enough right. kit cars are kits cars and it probably had one of these hairdriers blowing in the intake

Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 AM
jmbishop
Professional

Originally Posted by joekool4

Alright i know its a fierarri but close enough right. kit cars are kits cars and it probably had one of these hairdriers blowing in the intake
I'm not sure what your talking about, the top gear fiero is just a stock fiero.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 AM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In fairness, my Bonneville got low mileage mostly during the summer with the a/c on city driving only. After 2 years of driving it, I got really conservative with the pedal to try to save gas, but it changed little. If I had it on the highway in a cooler time, it would get just over 20mpg. After 3 years I did a major tune up, intake & exhaust upgrade & even changed the FP regulator because the dealership told me it may be letting too much fuel through. Still no change then I sold it not long after. My gen1 ram 4wd with a 5.2 got better mileage in the city! I only wish it did not rust out beyond repair. As far as the electric turbo goes, an electric assist for a normal turbo can reduce turbo lag, but it is still not ready for prime time. They are developing it mainly for the OPOC style engine = http://www.ecomotors.com/mechatronik-division

Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 AM
joekool4
Professional

Originally Posted by jmbishop
I'm not sure what your talking about, the top gear fiero is just a stock fiero.
sorry work computer no video... there was one that Rutledge bought a fiero that was a kit car ferrari. they were trying to buy luxury cars in jersey for less than 5k Adam got a Rolls that the driver door didnt open, Tanner got some kind of Jag...that one.

It was a really bad kit, basically a fiero with ferrari badges couldve looked better.

Last edited by joekool4; 11-16-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
jmbishop
Professional

Ah, gotcha.

Quick Reply: Electric Supercharger