2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Couple Questions; Oil Pressure, Power

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Couple Questions; Oil Pressure, Power

ok, so latly my truck has been hitting a little slump oil pressure wise....sometimes when i start her up in the morning, the oil pressure will be between the 0 line (red line) and the first green line for operating range, but as soon as i touch the gas she shoots right up to 45 and stays there.

Then while driving she will be steady at 45-50psi, then bob to about 20 psi and back up....doesnt do it all the time....its completly random....i just tryed a new oil, Castrol Full synthetic, and i continued using the Mopar filter like i do everytime. when i changed the oil it took about 3-4 days before the first low oil pressure incident happened.....now what im wondering is do you think that this is the sensor or the screen? when the pressure was real low, it was not ticking or making any out of the ordinary noises.

Also, my power seems to be getting more sluggish....i found one of the bolts for the cat to manifold flange is broke and the flange is hanging down a bit, making a little exhaust leak...could that rob me of power? And i did notice that when i hollowed my cat i lost some low end power, so im thinking throwing a new high flow cat on might help?

thanks for input

Old 11-12-2011, 07:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

More than likely the sensor for your oil pressure. Wouldn't hurt to put a mechanical gauge on it for a while, and see what it has to say though.

Exhuast leak might be a contributor to missing power..... Did you reset the PCM after gutting the cat?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:19 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

yes ive reset it more then once since its been hollowed....but i also have my egr deleted....which i have a new egr tube that i need to install,maybe that its making it wacky, cuz i do get a CEL once in a while with Code 32- EGR gases not cirulating properly.

as for oil, like today, she didnt go below 40 all day and i was bird hunting...put just about 250 miles on it today,and pressure was not an issue...im thinking it is the sensor....just about 219K, and ive never replaced it.

Quick Reply: Couple Questions; Oil Pressure, Power