2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust..again

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 AM
ekaplan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Sounds like an excellent system. (and right in line with the PM I sent you. Sorry about the delay there.....)

Aluminized pipe will last a long time. Even if they use salt on your roads.

The ceramic coating reduces underhood temps, by keeping the heat IN the headers, hotter exhaust gases maintain flow velocity better. Granted, it's an expensive "option".... but, it IS effective.

We expect some videos with audio of the new system.
Heyyou, the late response is not a problem. My intitial message was from my phone and I had thought it didn't go through so I created this thread. Hopefully it works out. The only potential problem is with the people doing the work! I used to do all the work to my vehicles in automotive hobby shops while active duty and had access to everything. Learned quite a bit but now I'm a poor college student with a one car garage. No room for equipment. Bummer lol.

I'll be posting videos to let people know. There needs to be more out there for people to hear/see different options. Maybe a vid of it tearing up some snow hills. Those are my favorite and I don't expect it to be done until the heavy snow arrives lol

Old 11-19-2011, 11:23 AM
ekaplan
Professional

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Lots of cheap headers are made of regular steel tubing. Usually the come painted black, which burns off the first time you drive it, leaving you with bare metal.
The paint that burns off that quickly Is just for storage and shipping to avoid rust from moisture. Who wants their new investment to show up rusted? And i made sure to get the best quality after getting a crack from such poor quality headers the previous owner installed. Granted, the broken bolt and temp differences were the main cause but good quality wouldn't have got ruined. And knowing what the paint on the steel ones is for, wasnt about to pay less to be disappointed minutes after install.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't mean to dispute your decision in any way... I am familiar with why hot rod parts are made the way they are
I was simply educating Augie.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 PM
ekaplan
Professional

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I didn't mean to dispute your decision in any way... I am familiar with why hot rod parts are made the way they are
I was simply educating Augie.
Sorry for the confusion lol I was making a general statement. I was aware you were talking to Augie