2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lots of Electrical Questions.. Connected or Random?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 AM
grox
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have a short circuit if you're blowing fuses. Things CANNOT be wired correctly if your dome lights are influenced by the mirror adjustment ****.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Cheat
Veteran

I would cheak your ground. then trace the wires back and look for shorts, Haynes manual will help some. So will the FSM.
-Cheat.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
wyomingdodge7
Veteran

So I should check out my ground wire for the mirrors? They seem to be at the heart of these problems.... But then why would the one direction work on the mirror?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Cheat
Veteran

Originally Posted by wyomingdodge7
So I should check out my ground wire for the mirrors? They seem to be at the heart of these problems.... But then why would the one direction work on the mirror?
Im not saying that this is deffinatly your problem. But thats deffinatly where I would start looking at. And yes, The ground for the mirrors. as for the direction, it could be making better contact that way or the motor isnt straining for that extra ground.
-Cheat

Quick Reply: Lots of Electrical Questions.. Connected or Random?