2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I got my 1st 90's dodge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
silverlakexj
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I wanted something 98-01 so I could have rear doors. But they were rusted out really bad, had latches that wouldn't latch, and they all wanted more for them.

I found it very easy to walk away from something I wasn't 100% happy with because I don't NEED a truck. Plus, having the cash on hand helps a lot.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 AM
jdh0921
Amateur

Very nice truck. This one is my first as well, taking care of its maintenance right now. So far so good. I will say the doors for the back are quite handy, especially for the wife (she uses the truck a good bit).

Hope you enjoy it, you sound like a savvy shopper. The best way to go shopping for any vehicle is when you can walk away from any deal if its not perfect since your not in a hurry for the truck.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:09 PM
silverlakexj
Rookie

Thanks you for the positive comments. I got really impatient today, and instead of waiting for spring to start fixing things, I'm going to do it this week. So I've got an appointment at the dealer to get the hood latch and ignition fixed under the recalls. And I am having it looked at by my favorite trans shop. Then I think I'm okay with letting it sit knowing it's good to go when I need it.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

Id have that latch replaced right away! Mine flew up shortly after leaving home and only 20 ft before I got onto a major two-lane highway with no median!

I was lucky I was only going 30 mph, and bent my hood and hinges. Any faster and it would have taken out my windshield too!

Never heard of dodge having a recall, maybe I can get them to cover the cost of my replacement COWL hood.

I just saw it as a forced upgrade! Lol

Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
silverlakexj
Rookie

oh, it is defiantly a recall. I knew about it because my dad had that happen on his 96. So just call the local Dodge dealer with the VIN and they will be able to see if any recalls have been done. Mine has had the trans cooler added and the safety thing in the fuel tank installed incase of rolling. when I noticed the hood issue, I hooked a tarp strap on from the latch to the tow hook.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:32 PM
silverlakexj
Rookie

I"m actually surprised that there isn't a Sticky with what years have what safety recalls. I would encourage all owners of all makes of cars to call your dealership with the VIN and see what's going on with them as far as safety recalls. They are happy to do it, because they just bill the corporate. And I'm happy because I don't have to pay for the repairs.

Quick Reply: I got my 1st 90's dodge!!!