2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best programmer for my truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM
FireDodge
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
you have no idea what kind of power and $$ your robbing yourself of with those gears... I know they are pricey but trust me its the single biggest improvement you could make. think of it like a mountain bike.... remember how much harder it was to pedal in the highest gear? now remeber how much easier it was to climb a hill in a lower gear? well your making your engine and tranny push the truck up a hill in a high gear and its tired having a hard time ... so you give it more gas...most of which goes right out the tailpipe unburnt... another analogy is trying to accelerate in 5th gear to pass a car vs downshifting to 3rd... thats why your transmission will always be downshifting and changing gears with big tires and stock gears.
I very well know that I am being robbed of power haha. The problem I (and many others) have right now is the money to get the gears. My next couple of checks will be going towards an SCT, but income taxes and a winter of saving will go towards gears next.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Crackshot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems another user on here fried his PCM using a programmer.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FireDodge
I very well know that I am being robbed of power haha. The problem I (and many others) have right now is the money to get the gears. My next couple of checks will be going towards an SCT, but income taxes and a winter of saving will go towards gears next.
trust me I know all about the money issue...(I currently need a tranny rebuild). But buying an sct right now in your situation is kind of like buying fancy new rims and putting bald tires on them....I know its just my opinion and I'm not trying to give you a hard time.... its just the sct is just gonna cost you money better spent elsewhere and continue to cost you more by consuming more or higher octane gas...

Old 12-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crackshot
Seems another user on here fried his PCM using a programmer.
something was likely done wrong.... like it may have momentarily been jostled and lost connection while uploading and corrupted the eprom .... I see stuff like that all the time in my line of work and rarely does anyone admit it may have been their fault... Even when they know it was.

Quick Reply: Best programmer for my truck