2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 dodge 2500 no start issue...aaaargh

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 04:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Looks like the main power feed for a host of things, coil, injectors, heaters on the O2 sensors, etc.... is a dark green with orange trace wire. Need to follow that wire from the pdc, to where ever it goes. There are many splices/connectors between the pdc, and where power ends up. Wire color seems to stay consistent. Find out where it loses power.

I don't have a 'complete' wiring diagram, that shows everything on one sheet.... which is really kinda unfortunate...... there are 'module' diagrams in the 96 service manual though, (which is going to be close enough here.....) that will show you where various splices and such are.

If you aren't getting power to a bunch of stuff, which is the way it appears, the break has to be pretty early in the harness, where other stuff splits off. The FSM also has tables of just where the splices and such are, with pics. If you haven't downloaded it yet, I highly recommend you grab it.

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:07 PM
hunterx5
|

Do you think it needs computer? I checked the green and orange wire coming out of it and it has no power either.

Old 02-11-2012 | 10:59 PM
hunterx5
|

Just an update....it was the computer...that was my suspect and it was bad. Thanks for all the input!

Old 02-12-2012 | 12:00 AM
gdstock
Legend

How did you determine it was bad? Did you swap it with another one and it work?

Old 02-13-2012 | 02:57 PM
hunterx5
|

Well after getting all this great advice from all you guys here I kinda went with my gut feeling. I had power going into the computer at the a2 and a22 pins and nothing coming out of the green wire with orange stripe which goes to both coil pack. I had no check / serv. Engine soon light on the dash when key was turned on and I did have power at my obd connector. So with the truck not communicating with multiple scanners I went with the computer! Thanks again for everyones help

Quick Reply: 97 dodge 2500 no start issue...aaaargh