2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

parts for a 98

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
BackInBlack43
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep its a 98 but manufac. dates August of 97 so maybe it went till the end of the year, and damn that blows. then again i guess its easier to just hop over in the center anyways

Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
on a 98?? I though they did away with that style cab in early 97? I here yeah...and my passenger seat doesnt go forward...mechanism is broken.
Originally Posted by BackInBlack43
yep its a 98 but manufac. dates August of 97 so maybe it went till the end of the year, and damn that blows. then again i guess its easier to just hop over in the center anyways
Noo, the Club Cab ran until 2000.
The Quad Cab (4 door) started in 98.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:18 PM
BackInBlack43
Professional

well that would make sense then, wish they'd done away with it earlier but what can yah do

Old 12-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Noo, the Club Cab ran until 2000.
The Quad Cab (4 door) started in 98.
yeah but theres a two door club cab and one with two rear half doors right?...I thought the quad cab had four actual doors and not the rear suicide half doors?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 PM
dogin fathers ramindaughters
Amateur

just my thought but I thought the Club Cab was 4 full doors and the Quad Cab had the two suicide doors for the rear. Thats how mine is listed and its an 01.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

yeah but theres a two door club cab and one with two rear half doors right?...I thought the quad cab had four actual doors and not the rear suicide half doors?
Originally Posted by dogin fathers ramindaughters
just my thought but I thought the Club Cab was 4 full doors and the Quad Cab had the two suicide doors for the rear. Thats how mine is listed and its an 01.
The Club Cab ran from 1995-2000 and had 2 full, front doors and no rear doors.
The Quad Cab ran from 1998-2001 (current, lol) and had 2 full front doors, and 2 half doors (suicide doors).
Both had the same back seat though. The Quad Cab was redesigned in 2002 for the DR series Ram and had 4 full doors with rear doors opening 90*.
Make sense? lol

My source material? 12 years of Dodge Ram brochures.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:39 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
The Club Cab ran from 1995-2000 and had 2 full, front doors and no rear doors.
The Quad Cab ran from 1998-2001 (current, lol) and had 2 full front doors, and 2 half doors (suicide doors).
Both had the same back seat though. The Quad Cab was redesigned in 2002 for the DR series Ram and had 4 full doors with rear doors opening 90*.
Make sense? lol

My source material? 12 years of Dodge Ram brochures.
And the revised Quad Cab in 2002 with 4 full doors is what everyone else calls Crew Cab - but Dodge did not want to copy terminology. I bought a 99 Silverado club that only had one rear door - and on the wrong darn side imho.....I needed to take things out from the driver side!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
And the revised Quad Cab in 2002 with 4 full doors is what everyone else calls Crew Cab - but Dodge did not want to copy terminology. I bought a 99 Silverado club that only had one rear door - and on the wrong darn side imho.....I needed to take things out from the driver side!
That explains why the terminology doesnt make sense.... others have always called 2 door trucks with the little half seat in the rear an extended cab... I've always thought real four door with full back seat for full sized people when thinking quad cab...dont forget the king cab...lol
Why would they make a truck with the same size cab with one that has the half door and one that doesnt? thats seems so silly.... did they have that many extra old cabs to dump or what?
as for not wanting to use the terminology thats already out there... Why not everyone else uses "minivan" chrysler coined that right? it doesnt change the fact that they all copied the designs from one another... Dodge was the last one to "copy" the half rear suicude door I believe..

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-28-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by gdstock
Yeah but IIRC the Chevys in 99 started offering 4 doors.
That explains why the terminology doesnt make sense.... others have always called 2 door trucks with the little half seat in the rear an extended cab... I've always thought real four door with full back seat for full sized people when thinking quad cab...dont forget the king cab...lol
Why would they make a truck with the same size cab with one that has the half door and one that doesnt? thats seems so silly.... did they have that many extra old cabs to dump or what?
as for not wanting to use the terminology thats already out there... Why not everyone else uses "minivan" chrysler coined that right? it doesnt change the fact that they all copied the designs from one another... Dodge was the last one to "copy" the half rear suicude door I believe..
1. Well, they likely still wanted to dump the Club Cabs. Besides, it gives some people a reason to not carry back seat passengers.
2. Yes, Dodge was technically the last to adopt that design, but we had the 90* rear doors when they came out.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
dogin fathers ramindaughters
Amateur

[quote=dodge dude94;2678862]Yeah but IIRC the Chevys in 99 started offering 4 doors.

1. Well, they likely still wanted to dump the Club Cabs. Besides, it gives some people a reason to not carry back seat passengers.

well my 2 cents again
but if they dont want to carry back seat passengers then they should have got a standard cab instead of the Quad cab, Club cab, extended cab what ever you want to call it.

Quick Reply: parts for a 98