2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how can u tell its hi flow

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenum is on top of the engine on the bottom of the intake manifold.......

Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
gertie240
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the magnet test yesterday, its steel, looked down in there, its a little oily, and the thottle body is way dirtier then I thought it would be. Should it not be oily at all? All that I have read, it seems like a full days worth of wrenching plus a good bit of money. Can it be a little oily or is this just the beginning signs before it goes FUBAR.?

Old 01-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gertie240
Did the magnet test yesterday, its steel, looked down in there, its a little oily, and the thottle body is way dirtier then I thought it would be. Should it not be oily at all? All that I have read, it seems like a full days worth of wrenching plus a good bit of money. Can it be a little oily or is this just the beginning signs before it goes FUBAR.?
the pvc valve lets a little oil in there...especially as they wear out and stick (they are recommended to be changed every 24,000 miles.. A good way to clean it out is with seafoam per brake booster line in the directions (It should smoke a lot)... Then replace the pvc valve and try the seafoam again in a few weeks and see if there's still a lot of smoke...if not there's a good chance the oil is just the norm from the pvc valve...there's another thread here with pics of both blown gasket oil buildup and pvc oil buildup...

Old 01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
gertie240
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really didnt mean to turn this into another plenum thread. I am going to get a new pvc and a tb gasket from the dealer tomorrow and clean things up . after I have the TB off I ll try to get a picture of the plate and post it here to get some opinions. I saw the posts about good or blown, but once its out u should fix it anyway, so I thought if I got a pick of one before it was pulled it might help others.

Quick Reply: how can u tell its hi flow