2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally got my truck on a lift....wish I hadn't.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kadetklapp
I just greased the front end before the pictures, which would explain the grease. I last greased it when I bought the truck in August/September. The torque wrench is actually a worklight.

The axle off center? God I hope not... Might be the angle I took the picture from.
worklight? shut up. you coulda lied to me.

Just get the wheels straight. If the links are vertical, you are good for the most part. They are just a quick indication for axle position.

I disagree that the links need replacing. I don't see what the issues is of the previous poster's. Maybe you guys could explain what you are seeing? Boots on the joints are intact.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
worklight? shut up. you coulda lied to me.

Just get the wheels straight. If the links are vertical, you are good for the most part. They are just a quick indication for axle position.

I disagree that the links need replacing. I don't see what the issues is of the previous poster's. Maybe you guys could explain what you are seeing? Boots on the joints are intact.
Holy Mary I see what you are saying now. Lord I hope that's not the case, I will hang meself with me underwear if so...

Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have a leveling kit on your truck? if so, your links are going to do that, as the axle is now off center due to not having a adjustable trac bar.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
do you have a leveling kit on your truck? if so, your links are going to do that, as the axle is now off center due to not having a adjustable trac bar.
I haven't put any kind of kit on it, but there are some big rubber spacers that I don't think are stock. I've also been told my 2500 sits higher than similar trucks.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just double checked my truck. The end links on mine are right up tight to the hard mount even when turned. Those look loose to me. I'm probably wrong though.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Whats the difference between this-
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1409453
And this-
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2745312
as it relates to stabilizer bar end-links? Obviously they aren't the same thing, but are listed under end links on the RockAuto site.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The way I look at it, Service grade are like Advance auto house brand quality. Professional grade would be high end Moog type.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

The sway bar end links are fine and your axle is properly centered!

What the guys are noticing is the end links both slant towards the driver side in the pics, this would normally be a clue your front end is shifted... But since I reread your post I noticed your truck is on a lift....and when our trucks are on a lift and the front axle is just dangling down it will swing towards the driver side because of the trac bar being mounted to that side of the frame.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99dodge318

What the guys are noticing is the end links both slant towards the driver side in the pics, this would normally be a clue your front end is shifted... But since I reread your post I noticed your truck is on a lift....and when our trucks are on a lift and the front axle is just dangling down it will swing towards the driver side because of the trac bar being mounted to that side of the frame.
I think that is a great deduction. It was just noticeable and thing to check out.

Just put it down, straight wheels, and then look. You'll be at peace or you'll say...ok track bar might need some TLC or changeout.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by 99dodge318

Excellent observation! I completely missed that particular nuance.

Quick Reply: Finally got my truck on a lift....wish I hadn't.