2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally got my truck on a lift....wish I hadn't.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Excellent observation! I completely missed that particular nuance.
Just using the knowledge ive learned from this site, plus being too cheap to pay someone to work on my truck has taught me alot!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Originally Posted by 99dodge318
The sway bar end links are fine and your axle is properly centered!

What the guys are noticing is the end links both slant towards the driver side in the pics, this would normally be a clue your front end is shifted... But since I reread your post I noticed your truck is on a lift....and when our trucks are on a lift and the front axle is just dangling down it will swing towards the driver side because of the trac bar being mounted to that side of the frame.
Ok, that makes sense. Awesome.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
The way I look at it, Service grade are like Advance auto house brand quality. Professional grade would be high end Moog type.
Well, what I was referring to is that the pictures of items are completely different. The first link looks like just a long sheathed bolt with some bushings on both ends. The second it looks like an actual steering component. I'm wondering what the first link actually is.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
silverlakexj
Rookie

If the sway bar links were going bad, you would feel it in curves more than anything else. it feels really unstable. If your truck is wandering, try an alignment after you change the stabilizer. On the back of my local grocery store recite is a coupon for 50% off an alignment in my area, maybe you have something like that around you?

Old 01-17-2012, 11:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by kadetklapp
Well, what I was referring to is that the pictures of items are completely different. The first link looks like just a long sheathed bolt with some bushings on both ends. The second it looks like an actual steering component. I'm wondering what the first link actually is.
The pic for the Deeza part is probably just a generic pic. That actually IS a sway bar end link, just not for the dodge truck.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The pic for the Deeza part is probably just a generic pic. That actually IS a sway bar end link, just not for the dodge truck.
And it's only like $7? Sweet...

Quick Reply: Finally got my truck on a lift....wish I hadn't.