2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cheaper plenum plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
jpryorx2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just took my truck for a test drive i can not believe the differance. it has more power then it has ever had. i am even able to speed up going uphill and best of all no spark knock. next fix i need to get a tach so i figure out if my converter is locking up and or if overdrive is working. i've been getting a (going by memory here )po783 3-4 shift malfunction ever now and then for years. everything is good thru 1st and 2nd but when i hit 3rd it seems like it's either locking the converter right away or jumping into overdrive right away kinda hard to tell for sure thou untill i get a new dash cluster in it

Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 PM
01silverram
Veteran

Well I have a 1/8 Aluminum plate on all 3 of my Rams and they have worked perfect. My father made them at a friend shop. Yes they are CNC'd not some hack job BS. I sold a couple of them for $40 a pop. I even polished the ones on my trucks. Not that youll ever see it unless you look down the TB.
Yes i used shorter bolts and some good washers. I have 214K on my truck and no problems at all. It sure made a difference having the plenum problem fixed.

Semper Fi

Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 PM
roger_groom

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Means you need to replace the front O2 sensor.
Well my phone finally decided to work again. I was expecting a more technical answer. A this leads to that type of thing. Unfortunately it doesn't really matter the truck still stutters. To bad I can't just tell it to "sing it". After reading all of these posts I am considering just going ahead and rebuilding the top end. The truck has 228k but the previous owner bought it new and was methodical about maintenance. I can't imagine that this problem is just now showing up. Anyway what is your opinion? Should I have the heads rebuilt since I will already have it torn down this much?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM
roger_groom

Originally Posted by roger_groom
Well my phone finally decided to work again. I was expecting a more technical answer. A this leads to that type of thing. Unfortunately it doesn't really matter the truck still stutters. To bad I can't just tell it to "sing it". After reading all of these posts I am considering just going ahead and rebuilding the top end. The truck has 228k but the previous owner bought it new and was methodical about maintenance. I can't imagine that this problem is just now showing up. Anyway what is your opinion? Should I have the heads rebuilt since I will already have it torn down this much?
For you young guys who might not get the sing it reference. Mel tyllis couldn't talk without stuttering but could sing anything. It started the term "sing it". Just so you don't think I have totally lost my mind here.

Quick Reply: cheaper plenum plate