2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^you're just selfish

Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
^you're just selfish

lmao man there are alot of cranky people today. i guess its the recent flood of "which mod", "my motor run bad", and "no start" threads: icon_mrgreen::icon_mrg reen::ic on_mrgreen::icon_mrgre en:

look the village people

Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
sniper dave
Professional

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
well considering there is a whole DIY section full of mods as well as the fact that about three "bad mpg "and "how can I get more power cheap" threads get started every day by noobs that join, then take thier answers, leave and never seem to help others in return I dont see how you cant see why some guys get frustrated...
Afterall, Honestly it is usually the same guys offering the same advise over and over after the others take thier answers and run...
few actually read the rules or see the whole
FAQ-DIY section devoted to answer most of thier questions and entertain them for hours.. and then theres the apparently very difficult to understand "search" function..... there even a thread on how to use this function in the rules.

No disrespect here but Judging from your post count Sniper Dave you have been a member here for like 5 years and yet have only posted 13 times.... So obviously your not one of those guys answering these same questions over and over are you?
Your right, I don't answer many posts-the main reason is I work a lot and have a family. Although I have been a member for five years now, I am not a truck guru. My specialty lies in other fields. I enjoy keeping up with whats new on dodge rams.
I do see the frustration from seeing the same posts, however instead of getting annoyed, I don't waste the time to give a dumb response. At the end of the day, I'd like to think that we are all here to help each other out. When I see a post that I can answer, I definitely will. Believe me-I wish I could answer more because that would mean I'm not a useless self-mechanic!!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 PM
sniper dave
Professional

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
What, you're whining that the fine, upstanding, very helpful, and good natured folks here react as if their good natures are being abused when in fact their good natures are being abused? Fergawdsake, here we have a fine bunch of gentlemen who don't owe anyone on the internet anything at all but who nevertheless volunteer their time and knowledge out of the goodness of their hearts, and you're going to bitch that they don't also perform web searches for lazy mufkers too?

Nothing in this world pisses me off so much as someone believing that just because I am competent and know things that they do not I am obligated to do things for them. It's the one thing that will make sure that I never again do anything for that person.

Wow..I think were getting way off point here now. I was giving the "newb" a heads up to not let the responses get to him. I am a member on a couple other forums (moderator on one) and have seen many people get turned away because they don't know the lay of the land. I'd like to think that some of them may appreciate the help and reciprocate it in the future.

And I totally agree with you about people that have "entitlement" issues. That's what wrong with the world today.

So let me say this-for the past 5 years you guys have helped me many times and for that I appreciate it. Thank you and keep it up!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
SpencerS
Captain

Why dont all of you guys stay on topic. Almost 2\3 of the threads i read you guys bicker back and forth.

Common mods include cai, plenum, tire psi correct, lighter foot, drive speedlimit.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 PM
muddy_ram
Rookie

lol i think i should have changed the thread to (argument thread every 1 let ur rage out ) but some 1 probably argue about that maybe there is all ready a thread out there for it :P

Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SpencerS
Why dont all of you guys stay on topic. Almost 2\3 of the threads i read you guys bicker back and forth.

Common mods include cai, plenum, tire psi correct, lighter foot, drive speedlimit.

only one of the things you listed is actually a mod. common things for our rams for performance
-CAI
-1.7 HS RR's
-SCT TUNER
-AFTERMARKET Y PIPE
-HEADERS
-HIGHFLOW CAT

for looks
-RIMS
-TIRES
-BRUSHGUARDS
-BUG VISORS
-BEDLINER ON ROCKERS
-HEADLIGHTS/TAILLIGHTS

boom now were are back on topic

Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper dave
Your right, I don't answer many posts-the main reason is I work a lot and have a family. Although I have been a member for five years now, I am not a truck guru. My specialty lies in other fields. I enjoy keeping up with whats new on dodge rams.
I do see the frustration from seeing the same posts, however instead of getting annoyed, I don't waste the time to give a dumb response. At the end of the day, I'd like to think that we are all here to help each other out. When I see a post that I can answer, I definitely will. Believe me-I wish I could answer more because that would mean I'm not a useless self-mechanic!!

I will be the first to admit that I post about three stupid posts for every one competent. I am in the Air Force and have no life, so sitting around flappin my jaw with the other 2nd gen regulars is about the extent of my social life

To the OP: http://www.performancechiptuning.com...PSI+Vortex/10/

Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I will be the first to admit that I post about three stupid posts for every one competent. I am in the Air Force and have no life, so sitting around flappin my jaw with the other 2nd gen regulars is about the extent of my social life

+1 same here, theres nothing wrong with that

Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972

Thank You Sir. That one just cracked me right up. I am ooohhh sssooooo familiar with that.

Quick Reply: mods