2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

seems like sooo much of these headlight systems come wired all wrong from china? I wonder what the deal is?
Hopefully my H1 HID kit coming for my projectors is ok...kinda hard to screw up two wires...

Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 PM
jkolstad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way the plug come wired is theres a blue wire (hot) for the low beam, then two ground wires (one each for high and low beams) then the red (hot) wire for the high beam. What I did was cut the red wire about an inch from the plug. Take that red wire thats still to the light and splice it into the blue wire. Once you do that, cut the ground (black obviously) to the high beam off right at the plug, MAKE SURE ITS THE ONE TO THE HIGH BEAM, or youre screwed cuz it will be way too short to fix. Then connect that ground wire that ya just cut to the red wire in the plug. Thats it! sorry if I made it sound complicated but its actually a rather easy fix.This will take care of your problem

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Lone136
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There want be any problems with your HID H1 install. It's all plug and play. That was my case any way, but I had repaired the problem I had with the projecter head lights before I got my HIDS. You still have to have your High beam head light work with the projecter head light wiring

Old 02-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Shaggy433
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Augie do those housing accept a 9007 bulb? I ordered a HID kit from DDM and got the 9007's and was hoping since they came wired for the sports that those HID's would fit...(i have a sport)

Old 02-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by Shaggy433
Augie do those housing accept a 9007 bulb? I ordered a HID kit from DDM and got the 9007's and was hoping since they came wired for the sports that those HID's would fit...(i have a sport)
No sir...h1 style for regular beams and I believe h7 for highs...

Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Lone136
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you install the HID's H1 you want use the high beams lights any more. It may be do to me having a 6 inch lift on my truck. I haven't had one car flash there head lights at me so the projrcters are doing there job and I have great light

Old 02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by Lone136
Once you install the HID's H1 you want use the high beams lights any more. It may be do to me having a 6 inch lift on my truck. I haven't had one car flash there head lights at me so the projrcters are doing there job and I have great light
I figured as much and told a guy who pm'ed me about them yesterday the same thing.... the HID lights I put in my dads truck are amazing compared to stock... they make driving and "fog" lights useless (well not the real yellow fog lights)
I went with 4300k lights besides haveing more useful light for the human eye because they are the same color as stock people are less likely to look at them and be annoyed

Quick Reply: HID problem