2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

Hughes sells turtles for the stock manifold, as does one of the members here. (sells 'em on ebay.)

Talk to comp, or crane cams, let 'em know what rocker ratio you are running, and have them suggest a cam for your purposes.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hughes sells turtles for the stock manifold, as does one of the members here. (sells 'em on ebay.)

Talk to comp, or crane cams, let 'em know what rocker ratio you are running, and have them suggest a cam for your purposes.
every time dyno results are advertised to be announced something happens to delay it... that makes me question real world performance gains of a "turtle".(I searched and all the threads promising this on other forums and here end before any results materialized..... in theory they look like a good idea.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemunman
I already have and installed the SCT tunner, I replaced my plenum gasket last year with the bet quality gasket I could find because I was unemployed and couldn't afford a $100 piece of alumium or $500 intake
I bet it wouldnt have blown again if you had addressed the issue of the plate bolts often being too long and bottoming out before applying correct pressure to hold the gasket...Or was that addressed? if the gasket is holding why replace the plate with a flat aluminum one? it will get you no performance increase? use your funds elswhere where they will make a difference...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 02-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Hughs F1 Air gap up here is $725 not shipped no taxes, by the time it would have got to me it was over $850 know that’s nuts. This made it ez for me to get the Ma Mopar M1 intake $525 taxes included from the Dodge parts dealer. The M1 was made org as an Mpi intake were as the Air Gap F1 was org a carb intake which was reworked into a Mpi intake(dig deep to find this info). So $850 for a reworked carb intake or $500+ for a true Mpi intake, Mopar was the ez pick for me.

Hughs Air Gap F1 price link in Canada http://www.tbsengines.com/

Just something to think about; If a turtle helps make power, and from the pix I have seen of the one for the keg intake, which looks like a triangle divider plate welded to the aluminum plenum plate. If this does help make power and tq, then the old style keg intake with the divider plate left in would be the better intake to mod? But yet all that is ever posted is to cut it out?

Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Lemunman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Augie my gaskets still good but sometimes I et worried about WOT. That's why I mentioned the alumium plate...merc good thinking bout the turtle I will avoid that. I bought a double timing gear that's why I wondered bout the cam or turtle I figured I'm that far maybe I will just leave the intake alone

Quick Reply: New toys