2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 5.2 computer/harness on a 1997 5.9 engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

Originally Posted by choanz88
i found some 5.9 pcm's on like jegs.com and such, but in oreder to run the 5.9 pcm i am going to need to get a new harness right? because the 5.2 pcm has only one plug in while the 5.9 pcm has 3 plug in's. if i need to get a new harness where is a good place to get one of these? or should i just check the junk yard for that also?
That's the difference between OBDI, and OBDII. On the OBDI trucks, the harness is exactly the same for both v-8s. It's a difference in the year of the truck, not the size of the motor.

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
dont forget the 95 wwas set up for different injectors and 39psi fuel pressure... you now have injectors that were meant to flow at 49psi but your feeding them 39psi so the engine is running very lean... if you swap manifolds swap injectors with it..
Ooohhh, that's a valid point as well. Would certainly explain some things..... Try and find a manifold in the junkyard from a 94 or 95 360. Get the whole thing, manifold, fuel rails, injectors, as much as you can.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:48 AM
white6oyG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
dont forget the 95 wwas set up for different injectors and 39psi fuel pressure... you now have injectors that were meant to flow at 49psi but your feeding them 39psi so the engine is running very lean... if you swap manifolds swap injectors with it..
So I have a question about this I just used a PCM n harness from a 97 on my 94 both have 5.9s I just wired in the EGR up I am almost done with it... I should be on the road today actually but reading what u just wrote kinda has me scratching my beard a little bit. Do u think it'll work

Quick Reply: 1995 5.2 computer/harness on a 1997 5.9 engine