2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fastman t body 50mm

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Circle jerk ?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm good, No harm done... Like I said I've done it myself more than once... (lets skip the circle jerk, ok?)
As far as the air hat.... look at the pic I posted on page one... thats mine after modding...I left the threaded hole section for the air hat bolt and the part that aids in keeping the ring centered...

Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I'm good, No harm done... Like I said I've done it myself more than once... (lets skip the circle jerk, ok?)
As far as the air hat.... look at the pic I posted on page one... thats mine after modding...I left the threaded hole section for the air hat bolt and the part that aids in keeping the ring centered...
ah, missed that. I was looking at the sides and noticed that the side tabs were milled away.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Modded TB will not improve mpg.....it only allows more air in, which is more liley to cause you to use the additional air with more gas.........so I am leaning toward less mpg......

Old 03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It will help stop the ping some getting more air in the motor to burn some of that fuel

We have the king of motor that like to ping

Old 03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
So when are you two homos gonna kiss and make up?

Jk...

About the kissing part.

Aim, missing your humor around here some since you traded for that funny looking Ram.....lmao.....

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I honestly stop in about twice a day. I rarely post though, as the questions most ask have been covered about a million times. It's unfortunate some of the newer members don't use the search function a bit more, they'd be surprised at all the nuggets of gold there are lying around in some of these threads.

I save all my noob questions for the challenger forums.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
ClubCab5.9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly stop in about twice a day. I rarely post though, as the questions most ask have been covered about a million times. It's unfortunate some of the newer members don't use the search function a bit more, they'd be surprised at all the nuggets of gold there are lying around in some of these threads.

I save all my noob questions for the challenger forums.
That would be fool's gold .

Iam leaning towards better mpg with a modded tb . LESS pedal to make it go . Just have to keep your foot out of it with all the new found power.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

More air, more fuel.

Now that's obviously at WOT, but the extra sensitivity of the Fastman's TB makes it a bit harder to "keep out of it" so you'll still end up using a bit more fuel.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 PM
ClubCab5.9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More air, more fuel.

Now that's obviously at WOT, but the extra sensitivity of the Fastman's TB makes it a bit harder to "keep out of it" so you'll still end up using a bit more fuel.
Thought theses truck's were speed density(map sensor) meaning no direct measurement of the incoming air ? Force as much air it wants but the fueling will stay the same unless reprogrammed into the computer .

Quick Reply: Fastman t body 50mm