2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whats wrong with my truck???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by A_POLVADO
Hey I said I was sorry It will never happen again
That was a long time ago bud, we are good now remember?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:52 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
and resetting the PCM will do nothing for replacing the CPS....
You are not implying that I said resetting the PCM will help make it easier to replace the crank sensor are you? All I meant is that the negative battery cable should be disconnected before doing any thing that involves replacing sensors or any type of electrical component replacement. And while the procedure is performed and the cableis disconnected, the PCM will be reset upon re installation of the cable.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:57 PM
kheid9293
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 97 dodge ram 5.9 is throwing the same code. p1391
About 3 months ago i replace the motor with a NEWER one, new torque converter, sensor in tranny, new distributer, coil, cap, wires, plugs, cmp, ckp, basically everything that can be done on outside of motor is NEW!!! Even with new ckp, cmp, it is still throwing the code. when i take off from a light it shifts fine through first an second, then when it shifts to 3rd at about 40-45 mph it will drop back to second then a sec later will shift again an its fine till i start over again. This does not happen everytime but its something that i would like to get fixed cause it is my only means of transportation. Answers would be awesome thanks.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:45 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by kheid9293
My 97 dodge ram 5.9 is throwing the same code. p1391
About 3 months ago i replace the motor with a NEWER one, new torque converter, sensor in tranny, new distributer, coil, cap, wires, plugs, cmp, ckp, basically everything that can be done on outside of motor is NEW!!! Even with new ckp, cmp, it is still throwing the code. when i take off from a light it shifts fine through first an second, then when it shifts to 3rd at about 40-45 mph it will drop back to second then a sec later will shift again an its fine till i start over again. This does not happen everytime but its something that i would like to get fixed cause it is my only means of transportation. Answers would be awesome thanks.
What sensor in the tranny did you replace? And did you remove the negative battery cable while doing any work to let the PCM reset? And what brand sensors like the crank sensor did you buy?

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with my truck???