2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cruise control kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 AM
olde-goat
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control kit

Hello I am new to the forum and would like to know if anyone has installed or know if it is possible to install an after market Cruise Control in a 94 Dodge Ram V6 automatic truck. Thanks

Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Anything is possible... really depends on which kit you had in mind. Something else to consider would be checking out the local yards, and finding a 94-95 truck with cruise, and just grabbing everything you need off of that.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
olde-goat
Amateur

not much in the way of wrecking yards in my neck of the woods. I would like to find a complete aftermarket kit. Thanks

Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Not finding much in the way of complete kits for 94's....... You may not be left a lotta choice in the matter. Lots of assorted OEM parts on Ebay.... but, you would need wiring harnesses as well.... (at a guess, you could look under the battery, and see if the connectors are there....)

Old 04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
olde-goat
Amateur

It looks like I may be out of luck trying to find an aftermarket cruise control kit for my 94 Dodge ram 6 cyl automatic. If I were to go the wrecking yard route and start hunting for OE, what are all the parts that I would need? Or should I start looking for a new truck! My truck is old but led a good life with only 45 000 miles and is just like new. Thanks

Old 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's not worth it. You need too many things to make it happen. The stuff under the hood might not be too bad, but I'm thinking you will need major electrical work in the cab. Plus the PCM might need replace or flash from dealer. If the truck is that nice and has low miles, I say keep it and don't worry about CC. I have CC in mine and never use it anyway. As I'm sure a lot of people don't either. And I have a fake foot on the go pedal side. LOL

Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
It's not worth it. You need too many things to make it happen. The stuff under the hood might not be too bad, but I'm thinking you will need major electrical work in the cab. Plus the PCM might need replace or flash from dealer. If the truck is that nice and has low miles, I say keep it and don't worry about CC. I have CC in mine and never use it anyway. As I'm sure a lot of people don't either. And I have a fake foot on the go pedal side. LOL

Low miles on a truck that age is rare. I use CC all the time, but don't know that it would be something I would do on there unless there was a reasonable aftermarket kit that is easy to install....which it appears does not exist.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I actually have never liked CC. It makes me feel like I have no control of what's going on. LOL

Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
olde-goat
Amateur

Appreciate all the great replies. I am planning to get the truck ready for a long trip. I have an issue with my lower back and extended periods of having my foot on the gas pedal causes me some problems. On short hauls, not having cc is not an issue, I will be putting in 8 -10 hour days driving for better part of a week. Looks like I will have to use a rock on the gas pedal! Thanks

Old 04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yeah, you would need the steering column... (easier that way....) the harness under the dash, (maybe) and the cruise servo and cable under the hood, plus the underhood wiring, if it isn't already there......

Quick Reply: Cruise control kit