2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

trans shift linkage removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Same thread would have been fine, I assume what you are doing is related to it. If you are adjusting linkeage, ALL the info you need to do it properly is in the Haynes and or FSM. #10 is a bolt not a "lock nut"
Unfortunately the Haynes and FSM don't do squat for you on this one.

Cut -- I have an addendum on the bottom attachement. Also pop that thing out of the rubber grommet. The whole lock bolt and clamp stay on the shaft.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK. So you need to extend the length of this rod? Now that clears it up.

+1 on scribing a line along the rod. I believe there is a slight kick on the rod and changing that angle may cause shifter to bind or at least effect angle and therefore proper movement avter lever point.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hence the scribe to have it aligned correctly. There is no bind at all afterwards.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

F'n unreal, have fun with this dude guys.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
F'n unreal, have fun with this dude guys.
OH NO STOP THE PRESSES!I said lock nut instead of lock bolt,sounds like my old lady nit picking when she's on her peroid.I pointed out what number it was in the diagram.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cutthroatxxx
OH NO STOP THE PRESSES!I said lock nut instead of lock bolt,sounds like my old lady nit picking when she's on her peroid.I pointed out what number it was in the diagram.

it has nothing to do with that at all............

Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

A body lift too? You think that info would be important? AS well as the important info you leave of most other threads you start for no reason? No big deal bud, don't let me discourage you from staying here on DF. I hope the more than helpful/knowledgeable folks unlike me can help you with your endeavors.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:32 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is me saying Im doing a body lift gonna aid in the removal of it?I said I was trying to remove it&I said what I had already tryd.I also said if I had further questions I would make sure I would leave em in one thread.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:46 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is about providing info on what is being done. It surpises me the number of people that will post having a problem with what they are doing, only to find out qo pages in that after they got that done it did not resolve their problem - because what they were doing would not effecct their problem. If thye would have detailed the problem they were having, the information would have been available to allow someone to direct them where htye needed to be looking/working. That is why I could not grasp waht was gonig on and so I posted the parts pic. I really could not understand where you were on the linkage or waht the real problem was.

Just provinding more info makes it easier for us to understand.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:26 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by gdstock
It is about providing info on what is being done. It surpises me the number of people that will post having a problem with what they are doing, only to find out qo pages in that after they got that done it did not resolve their problem - because what they were doing would not effecct their problem. If thye would have detailed the problem they were having, the information would have been available to allow someone to direct them where htye needed to be looking/working. That is why I could not grasp waht was gonig on and so I posted the parts pic. I really could not understand where you were on the linkage or waht the real problem was.

Just provinding more info makes it easier for us to understand.

Kind of like your phone post hey?

Quick Reply: trans shift linkage removal