2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny issues...again

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012 | 12:10 AM
chevy62

They are using all new parts. Im just glad its someone elses headache now. Just hope they can actually fix it properly without my brother spending too much $$. With all the bs that we have been thru with it, I guess it doesnt end when you take it in to the shop. Hopefully once its done, he can sell it and get into something else.

Old 07-06-2012 | 09:10 AM
gdstock
Legend

Trannys are not the easiest thing to work on/repair. When I did mine, I had to pull it two more times.......but I got pretty good at pulling and stabbing!

Really hard to keep from nicking a seal on input or intermediate shaft, piston seal, or some other piece. The important part is finding soeone that knows what they are doing (which I wasn't by any measure) and that will stand behind their work and stay with it to get the customer happy. And that is becoming more challenging ini today's world...

Quick Reply: Tranny issues...again