2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ball Joints

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Exquisite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball Joints

So I have a 99 2wd Ram, and both upper lower ball joints and both inner and outer tie rods have to be changed. So im lookin for the best balljoint and tierod for the best price.
I checked raybestos at rockauto.com, good price but still expensive ($600).Thats including shipping (Just ordered wheel bearings for the front wheel from my local dealership and it cost me $100). Reason for ordering parts, is becuase i cant find spare parts here, i have found only one ram in the scrap yard. I mean, there are more lamborghinis than 2nd gen ram on the street..lol

I later searched mibearings.com for xrf (only read good things about them). They have the balljoints and tie rods for half the price. Is it real? Should I order? or is it a scam?

http://mibearings.com/xrf-chassis-ba...-joint-p-42384

http://mibearings.com/xrf-chassis-ba...-joint-p-42408

http://mibearings.com/xrf-chassis-ti...od-end-p-42311

http://mibearings.com/xrf-chassis-ti...od-end-p-42146

Last edited by Exquisite; 06-24-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XRF are the most recommend ball joint here in the 2nd Gen Section.... If you can get them for a good price, get them... Being your truck is 2wd just make sure you don't order press in. 2wd should be riveted on, kinda a pain to replace if you don't have access to air tools...

Edit:

Looking at the links you provided for the ball joints, I'm not so sure I'd get those.... They seem WAY too cheap, unless they're running one hell of a special. Plus I didn't see an image, so couldn't see if they were press in or not. I haven't been able to find 2wd ball joints that cheap except for Reybestos from Rockauto, but when I went to purchase they were out.

Last edited by stewie01; 06-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

I bought raybestos uppers and lowers from a seller on ebay. All 4 were only $130 shipped and i got them really fast. I will post a link to his store when i get on my home pc.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Doing some poking around..... It seems that MIBearings, if it is a scam, they sure are thorough. Blogspot, Twitter, facebook, and a host of other 'social' sites. They are based in Traverse City Michigan, here in the states..... which really isn't a common place for scams. (and I can look them up in a variety of locations and get the same information.) It appears to be legit. They have been around, apparently, since 2008... (or, at least, that's when their web presence started.) Even their whois information shows addresses in Traverse City.... Good prices. Shipping might be a killer though.

I can just image that parts are somewhat difficult to come by there.... Welcome to DF!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Exquisite

Thanks Heyyou, yeah, parts here are difficult to find. Unfortunately, when it comes to trucks, its chevy world over here.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why, when I click on the links you posted, does it open up 400 extra windows?

EDIT: Never mind. It's the government computer I'm on.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 06-25-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Ball Joints