2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need idle help fast

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 PM
niceandeasy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need idle help fast

Just changed out my fuel pump for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. Just got it all back in and reset the computer. Now it runs fine but now when i let go of the gas the rpms drop to 400 rpm then cuts off it wont idle after i hit the gas. I need to fix by tomorrow morning

Old 07-09-2012, 01:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Disconnect battery, remove throttle body, thoroughly clean throttle body, to include removing IAC, and cleaning it, and it's well out so that all is squeaky clean. Reinstall everything, reconnect battery. Drive truck. Might take it a couple minutes to figger out idle again, but, should resolve the issue.

If it doesn't, test your TPS, battery, and alternator.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
niceandeasy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cleaned it all and reset computer. About half way to the dodge dealer it stopped. Had to get my oil changed 1st time at this dealer. But when the man pulled my truck back up. i jumped up to get my paper work and he was talking to the front desk guy and he pointed and told him you tell him. I was thinking some thing is ****ed up. But the man told me i have the cleanest ram sport he has ever seen. No leaks, No wear, there is nothing wrong with the truck not even a spot of dirt under it. lol That made may day!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you got it resolved? Good stuff. Also, you can't tell a story like that without posting up a few pictures

Quick Reply: need idle help fast