2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

360/5.9 Performance Mods Basics: What opens them up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshSlash87
Excellent post!

To be honest with you I had always been lead to believe closed loop was the startup procedure the pcm uses...glad you straightened that out and explained in detail, it makes a whole lot more sense now.

He does that evey once in a while.......(heehee...)

Old 10-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Chuckdean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like how much would I be looking at to change my timing chain and gears on my 96 Dodge?

Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,216 Likes on 2,967 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckdean
Like how much would I be looking at to change my timing chain and gears on my 96 Dodge?
If you want to pay someone else to do it, probably 4 to 6 hours labor, at whatever the labor rate is in your area, and about 75 bucks in parts, or so. (timing set, gaskets, oil change)

If your water pump is original, might just as well change that too, as it has to come off anyway.

Something else to consider is: If you haven't fixed the plenum yet, there is a fair bit of overlap on the intake, and timing set... it would save you some cash to have both done at the same time.

Or, you can save yourself several hundred dollars in labor, and do the job yourself over the course of a weekend.

Old 09-13-2023, 09:07 AM
regier

same

Old 09-13-2023, 09:10 AM
regier

for the 97 to the 2004 Dakotas pison headers and cam help hehe

Old 09-13-2023, 06:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by regier
for the 97 to the 2004 Dakotas pison headers and cam help hehe
Huh??

What are you driving? You should start your own thread. This one is a bit old.....

Old 04-30-2024, 03:12 PM
Rebel_ram
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Throttle body spacers

Originally Posted by wjxavier
CAI, TB spacer, fuzzy dice, and a **** load of stickers. +50hp.

lmao just messin with ya bud
throttle body spacers on efi will not work like it does carbs at that point its more useful as a paperweight a old school hotrodder told me 3 key tips cold air in and hot air out so the colder air u can get into the system headers down to 2 to 1 exhaust nd get the exhaust out wit less bends ie straight out the back bumper get a good highflow cat nd freeflow muffler u will see gains nd dont mess with ur computer get better injectors bosch 4 hole are pretty good nd u can run 87 and be fine dont need to go all out nd retune ur truck

Old 04-30-2024, 05:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rebel_ram
throttle body spacers on efi will not work like it does carbs at that point its more useful as a paperweight a old school hotrodder told me 3 key tips cold air in and hot air out so the colder air u can get into the system headers down to 2 to 1 exhaust nd get the exhaust out wit less bends ie straight out the back bumper get a good highflow cat nd freeflow muffler u will see gains nd dont mess with ur computer get better injectors bosch 4 hole are pretty good nd u can run 87 and be fine dont need to go all out nd retune ur truck
This thread was old the last time it was resurrected.....

Quick Reply: 360/5.9 Performance Mods Basics: What opens them up?