2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.2L motor swap JEEP TJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:04 PM
theblackjeep98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.2L motor swap JEEP TJ

im halfway through my engine swap into my tj, and forgive me if this needs to be placed somewhere else in the forum but i could use just some quick help...

Anyways... I am having some trouble.

I had some issues with the wiring in this swap but now i believe it is 100%

I went to start it and it would actually fire. Although it only ran for a couple secs and it was running rather rough... after maybe a dozen times now all i get is the starter turning. I cannot confirm if it is SKIM or not because I do not have the VIN from the donor to get it ran... Another thing I am concerned with is I blew a code (engine coolant temperature sensor) it was reading -40 degrees. I replaced the sensor with the hopes of that being the problem but to no avail.\

Ive got a thread on JEEPFORUM going but im just trying to get all the info/help that I can... So if anyone has any ideas of things to check or try it would be greatly appreciated....

And here's my other thread. Case anyone is interested...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ri...agnum-1279628/

Old 08-18-2012, 11:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Check your plugs. Might be fouled.....

Temp sensor would definitely give you some trouble.

Does the fuel pump continue to run when you let the key off from start??

Quick Reply: 5.2L motor swap JEEP TJ