2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Hilln
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!!!!

HELP!!! Im new to this forum but ive got ALOT of useful info from here.... ok so i thought i blew a head gasket in my 98 ram with a 360 so i tore it down replaced the head gaskets all intake gaskets and installed everything back together to specified torgue... started the truck let it run for 20 mins and started smoking blue on decel... and water blowing out exhaust... so i took it all back apart..thought i had a cracked head bought a new head and replaced all gaskets again! started it today and its still getting water in the oil...and oil in the radiator...still smokes but i havnt seen any water come out exhaust... I do not know what else to do has good compression 140-150 on all cylinders... PLEASE HELP i really do not want to have to buy a new motor!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hilln
HELP!!! Im new to this forum but ive got ALOT of useful info from here.... ok so i thought i blew a head gasket in my 98 ram with a 360 so i tore it down replaced the head gaskets all intake gaskets and installed everything back together to specified torgue... started the truck let it run for 20 mins and started smoking blue on decel... and water blowing out exhaust... so i took it all back apart..thought i had a cracked head bought a new head and replaced all gaskets again! started it today and its still getting water in the oil...and oil in the radiator...still smokes but i havnt seen any water come out exhaust... I do not know what else to do has good compression 140-150 on all cylinders... PLEASE HELP i really do not want to have to buy a new motor!!!
I would post ALL your comp results, wet/dry and number them..leak down test would be next on my list..need that info to offer any help..

Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

You could have a bad intake manifold, crack in in the block, The blue smoke maybe the piston rings. I will move your post to the 2nd Gen Ram section.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple of things.

1. A thread labeled "Help" is NOT likely to generate real help. Topic should realte to problems so members know wheterhe it is something thay can help with.

2. Not wise to start multiple threads about the same problem. Causes confusion, and tends to tick off some folks.

3. Go back to original thread and read the responses.....

And also, go to the FAQ/DIY section and download the free service manual found there. it will be very helpful to you for this and other problems as they arise.

Welcome to DF.