2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spohn Adjustable Track Bar and Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:36 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LordLuciendar
The truck is a 2500. Whatever I put in the truck is going to stay in it when I sell it.

The 5100 Series Bilsteins are twice as expensive as the Skyjackers, more money than I want to spend.

In my budget I have these options:
Gabriel Guardian
Gabriel Pro Guard
Gabriel Ultra
AC Delco Advantage
SuperLift SuperRide
KYB Excel-G
Skyjacker Hydro 7000
Monroe Monro-Matic Plus
Daystar Scorpion
Pro Comp ES3000
Pro Comp ES9000

Thoughts? I'm not set on the Skyjackers. If I do go with a more expensive shock, it'll likely be a Rancho RS5000. As for the 3500, when I do get it, I plan to rebuild the truck and I will be using Rancho RS9000XLs on it, but that is likely a few years away.
i have the skyjacker hydro 7000's and have no complaints about them. ive had them on the truck for about 25-30k on rough NH roads, and the abuse of a 8' plow in the winter, and they are still like new.

i got mine from www.topguncustomz.com and i think i paid 140-150 shipped for all 4. i got the shocks that are good for 2-3" of front lift, for use with the diesel coils i have installed.

to each their own. but i like em!

good to see another member on here from NH! there are a few of us, most of us are close to one another though. youre about 2-2.5 hours from me.

Last edited by redneck_ram; 09-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 PM
LordLuciendar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Go with the Monroe's. Lots of ppl here have had good things to say about them.
Everyone who has mentioned the Monroes has mentioned Sensa-Trac and Gas-Magnum, not one mention of Monro-Matic...

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
i have the skyjacker hydro 7000's and have no complaints about them. ive had them on the truck for about 25-30k on rough NH roads, and the abuse of a 8' plow in the winter, and they are still like new.

i got mine from www.topguncustomz.com and i think i paid 140-150 shipped for all 4. i got the shocks that are good for 2-3" of front lift, for use with the diesel coils i have installed.

to each their own. but i like em!

good to see another member on here from NH! there are a few of us, most of us are close to one another though. youre about 2-2.5 hours from me.
Thanks for the info. I've gotten some other positive reviews on the Skyjacker's too, so while I know they might not be as nice as a decent set of shocks (Bilstien 5100, Rancho RS5000, Rancho RS9000XL, etc.) considering that I put less than 4k mi a year on the truck and that I will likely sell the truck in a few years, I'm still leaning towards them.

Good to know I'm not the only one here from NH

Old 09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

I've not used the Spohn track bar, however, I'm currently installing the SolidSteel Adjustable track bar and bracket kit. I believe it will outlast the truck! You can read about it here: http://www.solidsteel.biz/

I did install the Spohn non adjustable control arms and they are very nice pieces!

Last edited by AtomicDog; 09-10-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Spohn Adjustable Track Bar and Shocks