2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upgrading Stock Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

That looks great! I have to find that DIN piece. The one crutchfield sent me was the cheapest crap frame and allowed the unit to shake and wobble. Of course, that was before some crack head broke my door and stole everything. Someday maybe I'll live where its safe. . . So I'm stuck with my stock player again for the foreseeable future.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Gamera00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Total upgrade to audio

I' m replacing all the speakers in my 2001 Durango SLT. Have the 6 1/2" that fit excellent but am finding a hard time tracking down some decent tweeters that are the right size. From my measurements the tweeter measures 1 1/2" from outside diameter to outside diameter, and slide neatly into the tweeter holes in the back doors. I need to match the tweeters so the fit is the same and also I don't want any tweeter made of cardboard lol The new 6 1/2" are BOSS and PYLE so I'd like to stick with either one of those companies or one that will perform to the same standards. After all the wiring, and fitting, I'm all ready to begin the project save the tweeters that totally slipped my mind. Any help at all will be so GREATLY appreciated, need to get the old girl back up on her feet and rollin' again Oh yeah I forgot to mention, this project is taking place on a 2001 Dodge Durango SLT 4X4, 4.7L 287 that sat for 3-4 years. Have changed EVERY sensor except the O2 sensors <those can go to the shop lol> every hose, waiting on wires, and ignition coils to arrive, also replaced the air intake. Got rid of that ugly black plastic box with a dual air intake nice and chrome Also 4 tires, front calipers, rotors, gas tank, fuel pump, and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgettin' lol Thanks all and have a great day!!!

Quick Reply: Upgrading Stock Speakers