2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

starter fuses, and trans solenoids

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Reddnek
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter fuses, and trans solenoids

ok couple of questions guys, first i tried to start my truck the other day and it blew the starter fuse twice finally got it to kick over and then it did it last night. any ideas? second i poped a p0753 code, something about 3-4 shift solenoid electrical, went to the parts store, and scanned/erased code came back on immediately, am i just looking at replacing that solenoid, and is that perhaps somehow electricallt tied to the starter blowing fuses and ideas?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need to check your wires, ignition, park/neutral position switch, starter relay and starter wires themselves..when you say fuse are you refering to the relay that's in the PDS? Next would be to test the starters volts/amps..but there could be something going on with the wires into the PDC if you have multi relays going or just a coincidence..so I'd start with those wires at the PDC first..post results..

Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Reddnek
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no its not a realy its actually a fuse 20 amp, keeps blowing i will check voltage drops tonight, as for the trans im your saying check voltages for that too?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the relays and wires for the PDS to start with...

Last edited by It's Me Patt; 10-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Quick Reply: starter fuses, and trans solenoids