2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intermittent dying on 95 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:13 PM
rebelgtp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intermittent dying on 95 Ram

ok i was thinking msd anyway so thats good to hear.

now as far as the pump if not getting it OR the ignition when it is having this issue what would cause that? is there a sensor that would effect both of these? or could it be bad wiring? i have heard of some issues with the wiring harnesses in the 90's dodges. again thanks for all the help if anyone is in the portland area and wants to come help i'll buy the beer lol.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:22 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

portland... that's where i'd like to be (I think) or in that direction anyway, getting sick of CA

you should be able to jump the fuel pump relay to turn it on. if you turn the key on and the pump is not on, jump the relay and see if it starts... then you know the pump is good

wiring should be good...

Old 11-08-2005, 11:43 PM
rebelgtp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i'll give that a shot hey can you check somthing for me? or someone here check for me. i did notice that if i have the key turned to the "on"position but not on and running do you hear a high pitched tone from the pcm box on the passenger side firewall? you would ned to have the hood up to hear it and its very faint, but i am hearing that on my truck. is that normal? unfortunatly no one i know around here has a truck similar to mine for me to check it on theirs.

Quick Reply: Intermittent dying on 95 Ram