2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1500 leveling kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by colinbreckmang
I also have access to a welder so I'll probobly just weld the rear blocks together.
Oh good. That will make it safe.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by colinbreckmang
I herd somewere that when you install coil spacers on these trucks that the whole front end moves over and you need an adjustable trac bar to get it to move back over. Is this true? If so what is a good one to go with.?
The front end "moving over" is the result of the stock track bar being connected to the axle at one end and to the body at the other. Therefore, when you put a lift (suspension or body) on a truck the end of the track bar connected to the body is lifted up where as the axle end remains where it is. This causes a "pulling" effect because the stock track bar is too short to make up for the height difference caused by the lift. Most lift kits come with either a longer track bar or a relocation bracket to return the track bar geometry to as close to stock as possible. Usually the stock track bar can handle a lift of 2" but idk if i would trust it at 3". Hope this helped.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like the one i ordered, it comes with the sway bar relocation brackets.

http://www.hellbentsteel.com/product...p-bracket.html

Some poeple said you didn't need it on here but i went ahead and got it just to be safe and incase i did need it.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
colinbreckmang
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

The install went pretty smoothly.

Plenum was a breeze! I just got down to the intake and sprayed all the intake bolts with some penatratiung fluid and let her sit over night. Next day all the bolts except the front passenger side came out with not porblem. The broken bolt came out easy with a pair of vice grips and some more penetrating fluid.

The intake was a mess and it looks like the previous owner just used rtv on it instead of putting in a new gasket. I have attached some pics

The Hughes kit went on perfectly and the ruibild went well with no issues. In total I think I spent about 10 hours on the job

The truck runs great now! I will be adding a new CAT and pre Cat O2 sensor next weekend.

The Lift kit went in very well. The product was very well built and very simple to install. I'm going to take it for an alignment later today. It seemed perfectly fine but I'm sure the alignment is out of wack. I will add pics of the lift later as it was to dark to take any.

Only problem is the 265/75/r16's look so small now. Will be replacingh with 285's soon.

How the crap do you add pictures. It says I exceed my amount when I try to attach them and I only have [2] pics.

Name:  Plenum3.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  Plenum4.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  207.6 KB

Last edited by colinbreckmang; 12-10-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

best way to have pics is to host them elsewhere, like imageshack, or photobucket, and then use image tags here.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:42 PM
colinbreckmang
Amateur

Thanks Hey you!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM
colinbreckmang
Amateur

Here are some pics with the lift installed.

Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  40.4 KB

I am very happy with the way it turned out. I'm definetly going to have to put bigger tires on it!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good, bigger tires = new gears and worse mpg.

Quick Reply: 1500 leveling kit Questions