2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM
SlingMudd
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration

hey guys i am having a weird problem when i am at a full stop with my wheel turned alot or a little bit when i go to take off i get this vibe as if like my front wheels are draging sideways and if only happens if i give it a fair about of gas if i just slowly turn or just idle turn it doesnt happen. Any idea's what it could be

Old 11-27-2012, 11:03 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

First, it would really help if you would use some punctuations and capitalizations in your posts. I find your post very difficult to read and if I have to spend time trying to decifer what is written I usually just go on to another thread that I can understand. That being said, it could be understeer if your wheel is turned and you are punching it from a stop. The front tire is actually dragging until it can find grip. Other than that, check u-joints and inner fender for any tire rub that may be going on.

Last edited by jkeaton; 11-27-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlingMudd
hey guys i am having a weird problem when i am at a full stop with my wheel turned alot or a little bit when i go to take off i get this vibe as if like my front wheels are draging sideways and if only happens if i give it a fair about of gas if i just slowly turn or just idle turn it doesnt happen. Any idea's what it could be
Check to make sure it's not in 4wd.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
Check to make sure it's not in 4wd.
I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt....but good suggestion as well...

Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt....but good suggestion as well...
I learned a long time ago to never take anything for granted especially when it comes to vehicles because sooner or later it will come back and bite you in the *****!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Wheel bearings can present like that, as well. Jack up the front of the vehicle, one tire at a time just a half inch or so off the ground. Put your foot tightly against the bottom of the tire. Grab the top of the tire and push it in and out. If there's no play, your bearings are fine. If there is play, the bearings need inspected and repacked, replaced if worn.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
ss/tram97
Amateur

Originally Posted by SlingMudd

i have a 97 ram ss/t i am having the same problem i replaced all ball joints and u joints and i still have the vibration its mainly on a hard right turn

Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Wheel bearings...

Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
ss/tram97
Amateur

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Wheel bearings...
my wheel bearing do have minimal play but they have been that way for some time and my vibrations had just started but i am going to replace them, this weekend

Quick Reply: Vibration