2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bosch Injector with Ram 5.2L

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
jmbishop
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
No one really needs anything OTHER than stock unless you want some sort of 500HP+ monster motor, which most will never need out of their Magnum. Also, I have a suspicion that the 19Lb/hr ONLY work with certain emissions calibrations. Remember, there are 3 basic emissions calibrations, Federal, California, and Straight (called straight cause it doesn't need to match either Fed or Cali). Those then divide into various sections, such as Federal: LDC, MDC, and HDC... So you see that there could be quite a few variables, but MOST Dodge trucks came with either Federal or Straight calibration. Reason I bring up PCM calibration is that fuel trim, A/F ratio, etc vary on calibration, and some of these calibrations very likely restrict the amount of fuel trim to match the injectors... So it would be interesting to try the 19lb/hr out on various calibs and tunes... I have a set for those who wanna try. My truck is Straight calib.
How can you tell what calibration you have? I am vary interested it trying some injectors.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the sticker on the radiator support. I'll see if I can grab a pic here.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM
bogwan09

Well, here is the end if the story. techningeer is correct. 19#/hr won't work as the stock injectors are around 22#/hr. I contacted Motor Man Fuel Injection (www.injectors4u.com) and they responded that the original Dodge, single hole fuel injectors are Bosch #04854181. They recommended Bosch #0280155784, a direct replacement, 4-hole design, which I ended up purchasing.

The four hole design works really well. Granted, I installed them in a new engine. But at idle, I can't tell if the engine is even running and it starts up every time, even with the arctic chill we are experiencing in the northeast right now. It is an easy install and a performance upgrade.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bogwan09
Well, here is the end if the story. techningeer is correct. 19#/hr won't work as the stock injectors are around 22#/hr. I contacted Motor Man Fuel Injection (www.injectors4u.com) and they responded that the original Dodge, single hole fuel injectors are Bosch #04854181. They recommended Bosch #0280155784, a direct replacement, 4-hole design, which I ended up purchasing.

The four hole design works really well. Granted, I installed them in a new engine. But at idle, I can't tell if the engine is even running and it starts up every time, even with the arctic chill we are experiencing in the northeast right now. It is an easy install and a performance upgrade.
Different strokes for different folks but the 5-6 years old re-manufactured 19# 4 hole Ford injectors are working perfectly in my '01 5.9. If you don't mind me asking...how much did you have to pay for those?

Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by bogwan09

Well I am gonna have to try those Bosch 4 holes you mentioned... Mine needs new injectors so just a matter of money now.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Surprised no one has mentioned Neon 703 injectors...

Pretty common subject with Jeeps: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-how-1305456/

Last edited by Jr. Mechanic; 01-02-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Bosch Injector with Ram 5.2L