2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stalling issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
SOA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling issues

I have a 99 dodge 1500 ram 5.9 liter with 150,000 miles that starts but will not stay running unless I give it gas. It doesn't happen all the time. There is no CEL but the Air bag light comes on now and then. I have changed the IAC, TPS, MAP, O2 sensor as well as plugs and wires. My battery is new and the connections are fine. I am looking for some guidance as to what I should be looking at now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 AM
SOA

Just wondering if there is any body out there that can help with my stalling issue. I see people have looked at my post but no one has responded. Just trying to find some direction. I am hearing that it could be my crank shaft sensor. Thanks in advanced

Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I will move your post to the 2nd Gen Ram section. You will get more response there, than the new member section.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

i had the same issue with my 95. It would not hold an idle and would just stall. Ended up being a weak spark. i replaced the ignition coil and distributor cap and it fixed it. However it could also be cause by a loose ground wire or a vacuum leak.

Quick Reply: Stalling issues