2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tuning solutions

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM
cruzer55
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I could "CON" my kid to quite her position at JPL and the crew to build us performance computers for our classic old trucks.Whats ya think??? I forgot had to give up the build sheet from the DESKTOP DYNO with all specs of the motor and tranny for there program.It was the key element for build...

Last edited by cruzer55; 12-27-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 PM
34blazer
Rookie

Originally Posted by cruzer55
Maybe I could "CON" my kid to quite her position at JPL and the crew to build us performance computers for our classic old trucks.Whats ya think??? I forgot had to give up the build sheet from the DESKTOP DYNO with all specs of the motor and tranny for there program.It was the key element for build...
anything would help the cause, not for just me, but for all the DIY'ers that like having more(or complete) control over the tune. a bin would help, maybe a disassembled and commented hac would definitley speed things up.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by 34blazer
anything would help the cause, not for just me, but for all the DIY'ers that like having more(or complete) control over the tune. a bin would help, maybe a disassembled and commented hac would definitley speed things up.
X2!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
34blazer
Rookie

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
34blazer, the JTEC info WIKI has been abandoned. The guy who started it seems to have moved on to other things. Here is the thread that seems to have kicked it off:

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...e-JTEC-tunning

Here is some more JTEC info that may interest you:

http://www.pacificautotronics.com/MO..._Operation.pdf
Ive just registered there[speedfreaks] and hopefully i can download some bins that were posted. a member at the gearhead efi forums is looking into it now

Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*cough* MS3X *cough*

Old 12-28-2012, 02:56 AM
34blazer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
*cough* MS3X *cough*
a good solution but needs trans controls

Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM
34blazer
Rookie

from RobertISaar at gearheadefi forums
found the pink book for the 68HC16....

good news is that it acts like an updated/upgraded 68HC11..... the bad news is that it's basically the halfway point between a 68HC11 and the 68332 as used in a lot of GM OBD2 stuff.... it's basically a 68HC11 with integrated bank switching capabilities and makes for some rather confusing instructions...

but i did find the vector table, so i have some idea of how the code is going to execute.

the reset vector is actually kind of hard to calculate due to the bank switching... but it looks like it is 10000h.

i've gotten a little bit of it disassembled..... initial impressions are that it was definitely not created in a lower level language.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ge-Mopar/page2

Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 AM
cruzer55
Veteran

Very interesting info.At least you have more to work with.I still think a stand alone would be more effective with manual switch to by-pass OBD 2 system.Just a thought....

Old 12-29-2012, 01:34 PM
34blazer
Rookie

given the budget of most people, a standalone unit could be over budget and overkill. factory calibrations are a good starting point, fact is, most people dont realize how capable they can be. DIY tuning can be a great challenge but very rewarding for the avg Joe. it seems there isnt much out there for our cars/trucks unless its a mail order or generic tune. some of those who modify these vehicles think there is a built in adjustability to the PCM and it will "magically" adjust to more radical mods. any modification to the engine that will affect its VE will need to be tuned to a.) maximize performance and b.)do it safely. for example, a good friend of mine had SE perf build him a stout 408, aggressive cam, ported magum R/T's, ported M1 intake, long tubes, nitrous, etc. he had the idea that the mopar performance PCM had adjustability built in, LOL. once he installed a wideband he found out at WOT the AFR's where in the 16's, he bought the SCT PRP without doing all the research and called me to help him tune it. well i found that SCT didnt really fully disassemble all the code and it seemed there was alot missing, and furthermore the VE/Spark tables were not typical format. i.e. for engine load TORR was used instead of KPA or inHg. most of the software seemed to be designed to be complex and the was no support how to decode it, unless you spent 2000 dollars to go to their in house school. SCT didnt even have support for datalogging, which tuning correctly wouldnt be possible without it. it seems that the rest of the big 3, and even most import manufacturers, have a following with way more DIY tuning and support. Im trying to get some heads together to crack this PCM so there is more a DIY for the average person with a few bucks to spend.

/novel, LOL

Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
34blazer
Rookie

got some help over at delcohacking.net, looks like 2 of us so far that is attempting to crack this PCM. got some info on the processor....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freescale_68HC16

Quick Reply: tuning solutions