2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 dodge ram questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 AM
ramrookie92
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2000 dodge ram questions

okay hear are my questions numbered.
1 is there anyway to disable my tourqe mangment besides a tune i.e(fuse)

2 how do i remove my door panels to install after market 6x9s(do i need to ad a spacer to acount for extra back space).

3 has anyone else tryed bosch ir fusion plugs?if so how did you like them? or anyother bosch plug for that matter.

4 is my 12x6 (roughly) sized tranny cooler effecnt enough for D.D and mild offroading?

5 why are the factory champion plugs so much better for our engines.
im currently running them and love the results.

6 and my final question how good is the 5.2's ignition system from factory?
: icon_steer:

Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 AM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

1) No

2) There are screws and clips. One screw behind mirror and one in handle pocket. Need to remove window crank. Then carefuly pull the panel off. Theres a diy in the faq section for hinge pin replacement that has pictures. I didnt need spacers for new speakers.

3) Never tried them.

4) Should be. Just remove the check ball. Also in the diy section.

5) Thats what the motor was designed to run on.

6) Pretty good. No need to upgrade until major modification that would require it.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good reply Kejobe!! +1

Old 12-29-2012, 04:32 PM
My360
Professional

He Pretty much covered all of it.
To remove the panel's, there are screws in the door grab. Take those out and all the rest pops off. Get a body clip remover, makes the job a whole lot easier. A few tips after redoing my sound system;
-Get new panel clips, they never last long
-You don't need the spacers, but keep the foam in the holes
-lastly, don't use the wires supplied with the speakers. I did this, now come spring I got to re-wire my speakers. The downsizing from the factory harness to the supplied wires create a resistance that you can hear.... or at least I can.
Stock ignition is good. But as pointed, an upgrade wont hurt. Once I tackle the plenum, I plan to upgrade the coil, wires and distributor.
I have yet to have any problems with my tranny and cooler. I'd just suggest flushing it and cleaning it up.HTH

Old 12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
ramrookie92
Rookie

Well as far as tranny i have flushed and refilled new filter and gasket added the cooler and did do the check valve delete right away.
And i have rebuilt my igntion system napa brass cap and rotor. Napa highmilage wire set. And a autozone true value igntion coil. And the factory plugs. and thank you for the info on the doors. Would like to hear more about bosch plugs if people have exsperince.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:02 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never personally run them, but I would not put the bosch in my truck...I hardly ever sell them at advance auto. I know i've heard something negative about them somewhere in reference to the magnum engines but i can't specifically remember what it was. maybe someone else has tried them but i would advise against it.

whoops, i meant to specify that i'm talking about the bosch +2 and +4 ones....the regular bosch coppers are the same tip design as anything else

Last edited by CSDavies26; 12-29-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My truck had Bosch plugs in it when I got it. It ran fine with them. I changed plugs to Champion not knowing how long the plugs had been in. Haven't noticed any change between the new Champions and the old Bosch.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

I run the Bosch Super Coppers. They work great till they foul out. (I burn excessive amounts of oil.) They always seem to be the only ones the advance here has in stock when I go to buy plugs.....

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I run the Bosch Super Coppers. They work great till they foul out. (I burn excessive amounts of oil.) They always seem to be the only ones the advance here has in stock when I go to buy plugs.....

There is a sticky around here about fixing that oil burning thing....heehee....

Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

My plenum is already fixed. Trouble is, my oil consumption is still WAY out of line. I need to do a compression test... but, I don't want to... as I am sure it will be bad news. I am saving my pennies for a rebuild.

Quick Reply: 2000 dodge ram questions