2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Certified Trans of Omaha or Local?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Nsmitty21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Certified Trans of Omaha or Local?????

I am at the point now where I need my tranny rebuilt. I talked to my mechanic and he said he could do it for $2K and he uses Certified Transmissions of Omaha with a 3 year warranty. Has anyone ever used these guys or know anything about them?? I also got a quote from a local transmission guy who would actually rebuild my transmission but would only give me a year warranty. He also said he changes out some other parts to make the trans a bit better. His price was $1800-$2200 depending on if he had to replace any hard parts in my tranny. I just don't know what way to do. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

The local rebuild sounds better to me...... could even beef it up some. Or, get a mega viper, installed... for about 3K or so, and never worry about it again.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Nsmitty21
Professional

That's kind of where I am leaning, but I don't know much about the local trans guy either. I do like the idea of using my trans and rebuilding it since it only has 90K on it. I'm sure the other cores more than likely have more than that on them. The 3 year warranty would be nice too, at least if I sell the truck especially in the next 3 years.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
dlyter09
Champion

I would save up the extra money for a Mega Viper... It would be the last trans that you will ever need to put into the truck as long as you take care of it... I couldnt justify the 2k for a pretty much stock rebuild.. Id rather fork out the extra scratch for a Viper..

Quick Reply: Certified Trans of Omaha or Local?????