2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vibration in drive line

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
streetglow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration in drive line

i own a 01 dodge ram v6 sigle cab now and lately been humming and vibrating at highway speed been having run around with mechanics saying it rear end needing rebuild,pinon gear in diff. went out,u joints, tranny,ect....it a stock truck with 110k on it only thing done was spectre air intake and plugs any one have any idea what it is truck worth keeping just dont wanna dump money into something that dont need to be fix due to low income and personal injury resulting in 3 weeks outta work thanks.ae: front end needs attention to everytime i turn wheel after backing up front pops,ball joint? any where i can get press or would a good air hammer work? ball joint are machine pressed.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Wow, that's difficult to read lol.

Take a look at the ujoints on the rear driveshaft. Should be zero play and no rust spots.
Pull off the plug on the rear diff and check the fluid condition and level. If the fluid was recently replaced, make sure friction modifier was added.
Make sure your tires are in good condition as well.

As far as noise in the front, get it off the ground and check the ball joints... and check axle joints.
You can buy a ball joint press kit or rent one from auto parts store.

Quick Reply: vibration in drive line