2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear Left Speaker Not Working (Infinity)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Brian_
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Left Speaker Not Working (Infinity)

So I've upgraded my headunit to a kenwood and have a stealthbox under my rear bench seat. My issue is that my left rear speaker died. They are 5.25 inch mtx 2way speakers i got to replace on both sides, which I think I'll trade for kicker 2ways?. is it possible to go any bigger without any mods?

Now my Issue is that I plug them in and there no power to the speakers. I'm not getting OL from the meter, when i touch both leads of speaker with the probe, which means they are good. The other thing that is confusing me is that when i was using the meter to test wires in door, touching both leads to my probe was 0 volts. I would only get 5 volts, when I touch 1 wire to probe and the other probe wire to the metal. Now how does that makes sense, unless the infinity speakers are special having 2 positives or something?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Brian_
Captain

bump.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Sounds like you got a short somewhere. Did the speakers ever work with the new head unit?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Brian_
Captain

Sorry for the late reply, I ended up doing some troubleshooting and luckily got the good ole door panel clips in the mail the other day that way i could tear apart the passenger side rear panel without worries. I ended up hooking up the old infinity speaker to that side and what do ya know? Speaker worked totally fine. From there I checked my headunit output for that speaker and the head unit is putting out power which means sure as heck there is a dang short somewhere.

Turns out I think I'm just gonna run new wire this spring to that rear left and run my new speakers with a 4 channel amp. To compliment my stealthbox.

So since we are on the topic. Any suggestions with what 6x9 or 6.5 fronts and 5.25 rear speakers to go with? Component or coaxial? Brands for amp and speakers?

Quick Reply: Rear Left Speaker Not Working (Infinity)