2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiper problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 PM
rsitek86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my wipers on my 95 1500. Low and high speeds still work, but I lost my delay. If I switch the wipers to delay from off position, the wipers will work, the slowest delay mode (can switch it to the fastest delay mode, but they still run at the slowest). If I switch the wipers from low or high speed to delay, it will still operate at the regular slow speed (no delay). They also will not park, the wipers will stop dead in its tracks when I flick them off.

I hope this makes sense.

I tried searching a bit and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks,

Rob

Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the delay function begins in the column switch, which is a variable resistor. it sends a dc voltage to the CTM, which interprets that to a power pulse on the low speed circuit of the wiper motor.

DO NOT REMOVE END OF DASH FUSE 13 (PWR LOCK) IT PLAYS CRITICAL ROLE IN INTERMITTENT WIPER TIMING DELAY. hope this helps someone else.

see here:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...r-problem.html

Quick Reply: wiper problem