2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Last Performance Mods: Cam, Rockers, Lifters, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

That is what the tuner is all about. Custom tune designed for your engine and mods. Simply overwrites the current tune on the PCM. One of the good things about OBDII.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:59 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smoke tires?? Lol everyone seems to be unable to do that.... I wish I had that issue.. Might of saved me some money on replacing parts and tires lol.... Be sure to check your blinker fluid Tech... That will cause some performance issues if it is low.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blinker fluid? Explain cause I don't understand.

My goal isn't to just be able to smoke tires, but having the ability to do that means I have enough torque . Can't explain all the details, but this is leading up to a bigger experiment out a year or so in the future .

Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Blinker fluid? Explain cause I don't understand
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=22

Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Merc beat me to it.. Darn.. There is a video on youtube on how to check it also..

Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Smoke tires?? Lol everyone seems to be unable to do that.... I wish I had that issue.. Might of saved me some money on replacing parts and tires lol.... Be sure to check your blinker fluid Tech... That will cause some performance issues if it is low.
LOL

I totally loved every word of your post!.

I think people who can't burnout are maybe too short to reach the gas pedal or apply too much brake, but maybe not cuz if I hammer it to 1/8 throttle fast it will burnout a few feet without using the brake and going straight, half throttle will swing the *** end out and finally I have to baby my truck when going turning from a dead stop or it will light the tires up. Me and a Diesel truck almost hit eachother during a stop light to stop light romp once, both of our *** ends came at eachother lol respect points for both trucks!.

My truck is completely stock, why can't others burnout? I have to try NOT to lol

On this video I even laid posi marks about 40 feet long haha.

And on this video you can hear me burning out from a dead stop with no brake applied from 0-4 seconds into the video with a 1/4 throttle launch and progressively flooring it after the launch. (yes I know my outdated phone video sucks, darn $15 Wal Mart phone lol), it wasn't meant as a 0-whatever mph video, more so was to record what my truck sounded like being beat up hill with my glasspack disconnected at the cat (due to the clamp rusting lol).

Last edited by JoshSlash87; 02-14-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Brian_
Captain

Originally Posted by dlyter09
rofl

Quick Reply: Last Performance Mods: Cam, Rockers, Lifters, etc.