2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Part of pcv valve fell in valvecover

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, you were not removing the PCV valve but was removing the plastic breather hose elbow. Dodge moved the PCV valve to the drivers side in 2000.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
ReadRam
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was replacing the pcv on drivers side , on my 2001 and you are correct, in that Chrysler moved the pcv to drivers side after 1999, saved them a lot of rubber hose.

Was reading that there is a screen or baffle area to keep stuff from falling into valley, but the two little pieces of plastic could block off the air flow possibly. Anyway I'm going and will see if it was anything to worry about or not.

Pulled valve cover , there is a baffle that keeps anything bigger than 1/2 diameter from getting into valvetrain area. Was able to fish out the broken pcv parts by standing cover on end and shaking the broken pieces to the end of baffle. Wouldn't have been the end of the world had they been left in there. Now to see if the spark plugs come out!

Last edited by ReadRam; 02-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Doh, i forgot about those oil control baffles on the stock covers. They keep the oil from making out of those grommets. I ran the aftermarket MP cast aluminum covers for so many years I just forgot.

Quick Reply: Part of pcv valve fell in valvecover