2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Falcon Ball Joints Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:13 AM
RiddickGuy469
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon Ball Joints Installed!!

So yesterday my brother and I installed a new set of falcon ball joints on my truck and it was tough as hell!! A lot harder to install than the Moogs we pulled out. Now I do have a couple questions/concerns. When everything was all tightened up there is a space between the top of the steering knuckle and bottom hub and you can see the bj shaft, almost like the shaft diameter taper is just a little bit off. Also as we tightened everything up, the top seal on the top joints bulged. It doesnt look like the seal is going to pop out but theywere originally flat now they have a hump. I know these joints have a giant solid ball with a spring that pushes the ball joint into the seat. During the 40 minute ride from his house to mine, the steering felt great, not sloppy. My question is has anyone installed these bj (or any bj) and had any of these problems?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Sounds normal to me. You don't want the knuckle and the C on the axle to be touching, that would be bad. Did you grease them up nicely?

Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 PM
RiddickGuy469
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yea, they were all greased well after install. The bottom were greased and then capped off because theres no clearance for the bottom zerk fittings.

Quick Reply: Falcon Ball Joints Installed!!