2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 ram 1500 not shifting into overdrive or t/c lock up

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
ReadRam
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wishihadachevy
Well i took it to the 2nd trany guy and he said its pulling a trans temp sensor code and then he cleared the codes and started the truck and it came back as soon as he started the truck back up so im gonna put a trans temp and solenoid in it and see if that fixes it...... but the first trany guy said he checked it and it was good but if it was why would it still be throwing the code for it?
I think you answered your own question. Might want to adjust bands and replace gov pressure solenoid (Borg Warner) while your in there. And if a shop is doing the work, ask what type fluid they plan using. Good luck with all!

Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
wishihadachevy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What brand fluid should i use..... I've always been told that "its all made the same"

Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wishihadachevy
What brand fluid should i use..... I've always been told that "its all made the same"
Brand? Cheap. Fluid = ATF+4.

Quick Reply: 94 ram 1500 not shifting into overdrive or t/c lock up